Our friends from down under sent us this build. Andrew Cathcart sent us this. Check out the video below, the photo, and the info.
- Chassis – Genuine 1981 900 MHR frame heavily modified with narrowed steering head angle, repositioned engine mounts, shortened seat hoop and all surplus brackets removed. Relocated lithium ion battery now sits alongside dual twin-fire coils under tank.
- Engine – Vee Two Ritorno Twin in 992cc (94 x 71.5mm) form featuring bathtub combustion chamber, 45mm inlet/40mm exhaust valves, ported and polished cylinder heads, forged billet slipper pistons, lightened and balanced crankshaft, pressure fed close ratio 5 speed gearbox, and dichromate plated magnesium covers, fueled by Keihin FCR41m flatslide racing carburettors.
- Bodywork – Vee Two Imola short circuit race tank (100mm shorter than original in length) with modified Imola replica fairing and one-off seat fabricated from three separate items.
- Paint – Genuine “Greenframe” green colour-matched to genuine ’74 750SS. Modified Mercedes silver. All custom decals supplied by Underground Designs.
- Wheels and Tyres – front: 17 x 3.5”, rear: 17 x 5.5”. Wheels are alloy rims fitted to original bevel hubs via stainless steel spokes – all made by Spoked Wheel Services. Tyres are Pirelli Phantom Sportcomp – 120/70 front, 180/55 rear.
- Suspension and Brakes – Front: Öhlins FG511 43mm forks originally supplied on the Ducati 1098S, with Brembo M4 forged radial callipers operated by Brembo RCS 19 master cylinder. Rear: Öhlins 36PL twin piggyback shocks and axially mounted P34 twin piston caliper.
- Electronics – Powered by Motogadget m-unit microprocessor controller replacing all fuses, relays and massively reducing amount of wiring. The m-unit controls the Motogadget Chronoclassic multi-function display speedometer/tachometer, JW Speaker twin project-blaze disc LED bar-end indicators. The ignition on the engine is controlled by an Elektronik Sachse digital contactless system originally developed with Brook Henry.
For more pics, visit their website.